Wednesday, April 1, 2015

Last Blog On.. "The Distance Between Us"


Hello ladies and gents! Glad you came back!  Unfortunately, this is going to be my last blog on this book.  I have finally finished the book! 'SUCCESS!'It feels so good, yet so sad. I mean, I'm glad I finished the book and all, but then I'm sad I finished it so quickly! ): Well to get back on track, I'll be telling you a little bit more about the book, starting from where I left off in my last blog.  If you have no idea what I'm talking about, then check out my last couple of blogs! You'll dig em!

So, I believe I left off on where Sky had told Caymen that Xander was looking for Caymen at Henry's show.  Now, since I finished the book, I'm just going to go a little a bit further into the book. But, I'm not going to tell you all the way towards the end because nobody likes a spoiler! But moving forward, at one point of the book, Caymen gets upset at Xander and debates with herself if she is going to talk to him or not. So she ends up deciding she'll avoid him until they have to see one another again.  The reason why she kind of gets upset is because she saw in "The LA Magazine" that he was with another girl named Sadie Newel. She was rich just like Xander, she was an actress.  By now I'm pretty sure you can tell that Caymen is in love with Xander, whether she wants to admit it or not.  So you can tell that her reaction wasn't so surprising. When she was reading further into the magazine, it had said, "Xander Spence, the son of high-end hotel owner Blaine Spence, was spotted in Los Angeles last weekend  outside the nightclub Oxygen with his longtime girlfriend, actress Sadie Newel, who had been filming in Paris for the last six months..." That was what it said in the article.  But Caymen was telling herself, "Longtime girlfriend? I can't read anymore because my vision blurs. But there is no way I'm going to cry over this. I had already let Xander go." It's most definitely clear that she likes him more than a friend, whether she wants to admit it or not.  But maybe eventually she'll finally admit to what she feels, and he'll feel the same way about her. Well, this is my last blog on this book, so check it out if you want to read more conflict that goes on in the book, READ IT! YOU WON'T REGRET IT! 

I realized in my book that I have many connections with Caymen in the book.  Caymen and I are both sarcastic, and we don't really have a great life. But we still manage to make it the best one we have.  I'm going to go far back into the beginning of my book because it kind of gives you a clue that she's what she considers herself as "dry". On page 19 of the book, she has a conversation with her favorite customer, she says, "That's cool. I'm sure she'll love it. How old will the lucky little girl be?"
"Sixteen" Mrs. Dalton says. 
"Oh. The lucky... big girl." I didn't know what to else to say without sounding rude. Mrs.Dalton laughs. 
"Don't worry, Caymen, I have other presents for her. This gift is more to humor her grandma. I've gotten her a doll every year since she turned one. It's hard for me to break a tradition no matter how old they get." 
"My mother thanks you for that." Mrs. Dalton laughs. She gets my jokes. Maybe because she's a little dry herself."  So after reading that mini conversation, you can kinda tell that she's "dry".  By "dry", I guess she means sarcastic.  If you know me very well, I'm the type a person to be VERY SARCASTIC! Caymen and I have many things in common, and if she were a real person, we'd be heck of great friends lemmeh tell ya! 

No comments:

Post a Comment