Sunday, March 22, 2015

More On.... "The Distance Between Us"

Heyyoooooo My Beautiful Readers! Glad you came back for more! 




Don't know what I'm talkin about? Check out my last couple a blogs to see catch up on a little bit I've been talking about in my book "The Distance Between Us".  Well moving forward, after the day that "Alex"(Xander) came into the shop to pick up Mrs. Dalton's doll, Caymen's best friend named Sky's boyfriend Pete, invited Caymen to one of Pete's band concerts.  Just a little pause here.. XANDER IS MRS.DALTON'S GRANDCHILD. May not have been a big deal for you but it was for me.  But anywaayysss.... Xander overheard Pete talking to Caymen about the concert, but Caymen never went.  But like a couple days after the concert, Sky and Pete came back to the doll store and Sky was telling Caymen how she and her boyfriend saw Xander at the concert.  HE WAS LOOKING FOR HER. SO DO YOU KNOW WHAT THAT MEANS? HE WENT FOR CAYMEN!!! I can even prove it to you! On page 37 of the book, it says, "She drags me to the floor in front of Henry. While he sings she looks over at me. "Oh someone asked about you last night." 
"Where?"
"At Scream Shout."
"Who?"
" I don't know, some kid who looked like he could've owned the place. Dressed like a fancy-pants. Super white teeth." Now I'll just paraphrase the rest of it, because it sure is a heck of a long conversation they had. Going on from that, Caymen just knows that it was Xander just by the way Sky was describing him, and so she started to ask more questions. Sky ended up saying how she knew for sure that he was looking for Caymen.  If you want to find out the exact words, then I suggest you read the book!  For more details on what happens next, make sure to stay tuned for my next blog this week!

The point of view in this book is First Person. i know this because in the book, I find that most of the sentences include the words I, me, or mine.  Another way I know is because I can read the thoughts that Caymen is thinking.  For example, on Chapter 20, second paragraph 2, Caymen says, " No wonder why he was confused I didn't know what his family's business was when we first met. He probably thought I was pretending to not know who he was. I blame it on our lack of cable. I may not have known exactly who he was, but I always knew he was a somebody."  This shows how Caymen feels about what is going on between Xander and herself.  Caymen replays the events that had happened when they were communicating.  Will Caymen be better off without him, or will be apart only make her feel worse? 

No comments:

Post a Comment