Monday, March 23, 2015

Am I Invisible?

I've felt invisible many times in my life.  But the main one that is most effective is when I'm with my family.  They always choose to not tell me things,  and they don't really care for my opinion.  I feel invisible at times because I feel that they don't really think my opinion is valid when we are together.  I mean, yeah sometimes they decide to hear me out. For example, with food. Haha.  But when it comes to serious stuff, and I speak my opinion, which is the truth, they either don't listen, or they do, but don't do anything.  But of course, it has changed, just not so much.  What I did to fix it, was just stop giving my opinion on the topics we speak of.  It's easier for me, and probably easier for my family.  But, I think doing that just made me feel more isolated and alone.  Maybe one day, I'll be able to speak my opinion, and be trusted by my family, but for now,  I'd prefer to let things stay where they are.

1 comment:

  1. Do you think they choose not to tell you things in an effort to protect you? When you're the youngest in the family, everyone wants to take care of you. Do you think that's what is happening? Thanks for sharing your thoughts!

    ReplyDelete